NORWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- As part of a new series of high speed analog-to-digital converters (A/D converters), Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today introduced the AD9208. Engineered for gigahertz-bandwidth applications, this A/D converter meets the increased spectral efficiency demands of 4G/5G multi-band wireless communications base stations. It also meets the reduced run-time targets of multi-standard production instrumentation and provides greater detection range and sensitivity for defense electronics. Based on 28-nanometer CMOS technology, the AD9208 delivers industry leading bandwidth and dynamic range to cover the largest number of signal bands. It also features low-noise spectral density for diversity radio and I/Q demodulation systems, while consuming half of the power, when compared to alternative solutions. The AD9208, along with the complete new portfolio, will be presented at the upcoming International Microwave Symposium.
View product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: www.analog.com/ad9208
Connect with engineers and experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters The dual 14-bit AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, low power in a small package with an industry standard interface, allowing designers flexibility in selecting processor platforms and signal processing partitioning using ADI’s wideband RF data acquisition technology. With sampling speeds up to 3.0 GSPS, the new A/D converter facilitates direct RF signal processing architectures and provides high oversampling. This simplifies front-end filtering, thereby reducing receiver design complexity and overall system cost. The AD9208 enables direct RF sampling of wideband signals beyond 6 GHz, allowing more flexibility and the ability to eliminate mixer stages and simplifies system design with an internal clock divider and optional RF clock output. It is complemented by the AD9172, a 28-nanometer digital-to-analog converter (D/A Converter) also announced today.
AD9208 Product Highlights
- Wide full power bandwidth supports IF sampling of signals up to 9GHz (-3dB point)
- Up to 96-tap Programmable Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter block that can be configured for channel equalization and/or quadrature error correction
- Four Integrated wide-band decimation filter and 48-bit NCO blocks supporting multi-band receivers
- Phase coherent fast NCO switching enabled through GPIO pins
- JESD204B (Subclass 1) coded serial digital outputs: Support for lane rates up to 16 Gbps/lane
- On-chip temperature diode for improved system thermal management