Dear DFI’s Valued Customers,
DFI is aware of the new side-channel analysis vulnerabilities (also known as Meltdown and Spectre), which may allow an attacker to gain unauthorized disclosure of information and obtain sensitive data.
We recommend our customers to adopt OS & BIOS updates for malware protection. DFI will release the updates that address these vulnerabilities and continue to closely work with Intel to investigate and mitigate any potential impact to affected products and will update this article frequently.
For detailed impacted Intel platforms, please visit Facts About Side Channel Analysis And Intel® Products. Regarding developing products, DFI will install the latest OS & BIOS updates in advance before releasing to our customers.
Please check your OS version and apply the updates below to help you manage security risks and help keep your systems protected.
- Windows 10 Version 1507 for 32-bit Systems: 4056893
- Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems: 4056893
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for 32-bit Systems:4056888
- Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems:4056888
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit Systems:4056890
- Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems: 4056890
- Windows 10 Version 1703 for 32-bit Systems: 4056891
- Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems: 4056891
- Windows 10 Version 1709 for 32-bit Systems: 4056892
- Windows 10 Version 1709 for 64-based Systems: 4056892
- Windows 7 for 32-bit Systems Service Pack 1: 4056897
- Windows 7 for x64-based Systems Service Pack 1: 4056897
- Windows 8.1 for 32-bit systems: 4056898
- Windows 8.1 for x64-based systems: 4056898
- Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems Service Pack 1: 4056897
- Windows Server 2012 R2 for x64-based Systems: 4056898
- Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems: 4056890
- Windows Vista or Windows XP-based systems including WES 2009 and POSReady 2009: According to Microsoft’s information, Microsoft is not issuing updates for these operating systems.
Please check DFI affected products and fixed release availability below. We suggest contact your regional sales representative for more information regarding BIOS updates for your systems.
- Intel Atom® processors E3800 (BT series): Feb, 2018
- 7th generation Intel® Core™ processors (KD/KH/KU series): Mar, 2018
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors (SD/SH/SU series): Mar, 2018
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors (HD/HM/HU series): Apr, 2018
- 3rd/2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors (MB/CR/SB/HR series): May, 2018
- Former generation Intel® Core™ processors (PT/CP series): Jun, 2018
- Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® Processor N3000 (BW series): TBD
*For the rest of platforms and models not mentioned above, DFI is coordinating with Intel now and will announce the updates once Intel publishes information officially.