TE's MULTIGIG RT 3 connectors, NanoRF and High Density Optical modules will be on display at Embedded Tech Trends
Members of the media are invited to visit TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity and sensors, in Austin, Texas to hear expert Mike Walmsley, global product manager at TE, present at the 2018 Embedded Tech Trends, on January 23 at 10:30am. TE will showcase its latest interconnect products for rugged embedded computing systems, including products built to meet OpenVPX standards.
OpenVPX is rapidly evolving as a standard architecture for next generation critical embedded computing. As a result of this drive toward standardization, there is an evolution toward smaller packaging, increased functionality and faster processing. In 2018, TE will release several breakthrough products that support this evolution.
These products will be on display at Embedded Tech Trends and include:
- MULTIGIG RT 3 Connector – This high-speed backplane connector supports channels of 16Gb/s to support PCIe Gen 4 protocol and 25Gb/s for Ethernet 100GBASE-KR4. It is intermateable with legacy systems using MULTIGIG RT 2 or 2-R connectors. The MULTIGIG RT 3 connector features enhanced PCB wafer and contact designs and uses an optimized PCB footprint for higher data rates.
- NanoRF Module – This module doubles the density of the current VITA 67 standards using SMPM interfaces. Designed specifically for rugged applications, it uses microminiature high frequency contacts that are pre-aligned before mating and a floating plate to assure no stubbing and to minimize wear.
- High Density Optical Module – Based on VITA 66, this module provides double the fiber density compared to VITA 66.4. By bringing two MT ferrules into a half module, it supports 24 or 48 fibers in a VPX half module space.
These new products will be introduced by TE into the VITA industry in 2018 and will help enable significant gains in bandwidth and functionality for tomorrow’s embedded computing systems.
“TE is actively working alongside technology leaders within the embedded computing industry to develop interconnects that break barriers for tomorrow’s systems,” said Michael Walmsley, global product manager at TE Connectivity.
“These three interconnect solutions will enable increases in processing capability within smaller systems packaging.”
TE partners with companies like Curtiss-Wright to integrate these advanced embedded computing connectors into today’s defense applications.
“Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is working closely with key partners like TE to enable the next generation of VPX using fabrics like PCIe Gen 4.0 and 100G-KR4 Ethernet,” said Lynn Bamford, senior vice president and general manager, defense solutions division at Curtiss-Wright. “The new MULTIGIG RT 3 connector delivers a significant leap in performance, enabling VPX to reliably transmit the ever-higher signaling speeds used by these protocols. Combining the RT 3 with our advanced high-speed module and system design rules will enable VPX system designers to deploy previously unreachable levels of performance in support of new applications and capabilities.”
TE offers a suite of products for OpenVPX architecture including MULTIGIG RT high speed backplane connectors (VITA 46), RF modules (VITA 67), optical modules (VITA 66), Mezalok connectors for XMC 2.0 mezzanine cards (VITA 61), and MULTIBEAM XLE for power supplies (VITA 62).
- SHOW: Embedded Tech Trends – TE Connectivity Presentation
- DATE: January 23, 2018 | 10:30am
- WHERE: Hilton Garden Inn Austin, TX, USA
Mezalok, MULTIGIG RT, TE, TE Connectivity and the TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks. Other logos, product and/or company names might be trademarks of their respective owners.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 8,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.